Saturday, May 22, 2010

Family Stuff

So I haven't been doing very well about posting things about the family, have I? Well, let's see. I've started Kyla and Hannah on an ABC writing workbook to help them get ready for Pre-K. So far, they seem to be having fun with it. I only hope their enjoyment continues as school progresses. Seth is scaring Brandon and I with how smart he is and how quickly he can get into dangerous trouble. He likes to point to letters and tell what the letter is. Correctly I might add and this is not something Brandon and I have worked with him on. Not sure where he learned it, but we're excited about it. He was actually pointing to letters in the girls workbooks and telling THEM what the correct names of the letters were. He also tried to take off down the street today. Note to self....DOUBLE and TRIPLE check the slide lock on the front door. He was out the door and out the front door of the atrium to our apartment and playing on the stairs in the few minutes I took to get the girls shoes on to go to the park. VERY scary for the Momma.
We are also getting close to our wits end on discipline choices for the little rug rat, but he keeps getting into dangerous things. Like climbing on top of the dresser, trying to climb the side of the bunk bed, the bookcase, and reaching up and just grabbing at things on top of the kitchen counters and stove. We've tried removing him from the room and from the situation only to turn right back around and find him there again. This can go on for hours. We've tried time out, but I think we're getting punished more there than he is. Then of course, as last ditch efforts, we've tried spankings. Those also don't work and it gets to the point with that where I feel like all we are doing all day long is spanking him. But what else can we do to keep him from trying to kill himself? I mean really. I know boys will be boys and he's 2, but there's got to be something I can do to keep him safe.
Other than that, things are great. Brandon is fabulous and being patient with me as I act nuts sometimes and am getting more scatter-brained, if that's possible. Work is going well. Momma is supposed to be coming out in two weeks and I am very excited about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment